eClinicalWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
Epic: 1 year (Preferred)
Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
**THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION**
The Medcor Group, Inc. is seeking Medical Billers of all experience levels to join our rapidly expanding team. We are hiring 4 positions in the next month as part of our most recent business expansion. Join our team of 70+ highly qualified, diverse, and fantastic billers as we serve Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) throughout the United States.
We encourage all experience levels to apply. Currently looking to staff Medical Billers.
Subject: Medical Biller Job Description
Reports To: Billing Supervisor
Medical Biller will process encounters for services provided by medical providers on a daily basis. Medical Biller will also be responsible for billing clean claims daily to payers via electronic or hard copy submissions in a timely and accurate manner keeping up with department and billing standards. This position is responsible for processing a variety of payers such as Medi-Cal, CHDP, Medicare, HMO’s, and private insurances. Additional duties include reconciling encounters against daily logs, identifying any and all missing encounters, and follow-up on unpaid claims within 30 days of claim submission.
Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Reconcile encounters against daily log to ensure every visit is billed.
2. Review each claim to ensure that all insurance requirements are accurate before submitting to minimize denials and ensure prompt reimbursement.
3. Post and send out billing to payment source within 48 hours of visit.
4. Research CPT and ICD codes in order to bill accurately.
5. Making calls to various insurance companies for clarification on billing policies if uncertain.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
1. Organizational Skills: Candidate must be detailed oriented and have good analytical and organization skills. Experience in effectively billing for various state funded programs needed. Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
2. Primary Role: The primary role of the Medical Biller is to oversee claim submission and oversee and manage insurance payments and denials. Excellent time management skills are a must.
3. Certifications and Experience: Certified Medical Billing Specialist Certificate (CMBS), or similar certification, preferred.
4. Problem-Solving Skills: Candidate must possess abilities to problem solve, prioritize, and follow-through completely with assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for reviewing claims on a daily basis
a. Submitting claims to the clearinghouse
b. Quality control looking for patient/provider information or coding errors
c. Reviewing reports and making corrections on timely basis
2. Responsible for adding new insurance carriers correctly and verifying EDI payer ID
3. Responsible for the following insurance carriers, including but not limited to:
a. Commercial FFS, CHDP, CDP
b. All Managed Care entities including LA Care, Cal Optima, IEHP etc.
c. Medicare, Medi-Cal
e. Champ VA
f. Trailblazers, Railroad Medicare
4. Responsible for monthly claims tracking
5. Reviews aged insurance report
a. Works aged insurance AR
6. Posting EOBs and insurance checks within two days of receipt
a. Verifying payment is within contracted allowable
7. Working rejections/denials
8. Answering patient phone calls
9. Responsible for opening and sorting mail and efficiently distributing to other billers for posting (in the event the billing representative that is in charge of that task is out).
10. Other assignments as directed by billing supervisor.
11. Adhere to highest standards of professionalism and compassion in providing billing assistance to all Medcor client patients.
12. Regular and reliable attendance.
13. Maintain Fraud and Abuse, HIPAA and PHI compliance requirements.
14. Participate in daily team huddles and other meetings, as applicable.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle
2. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/10 coding
3. Knowledge of insurance companies and their rules and allowable
4. Knowledge of medical terminology
5. Knowledge of HIPAA and other applicable state/federal requirements
6. Knowledge of applicable state collection laws
1. Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
2. Internet navigation
3. EMR/EHR software experience
1. Sitting for long periods of time.
2. Move quickly when client or patient needs assistance
3. Using keyboard
4. Using telephone receiver
1. Involves frequent telephone calls with patients. Line must be clear of personal business so patients can get through.
2. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
3. Well lit, ventilated work space.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The MEDCOR Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About The Medcor Group, Inc.
The MEDCOR Group, Inc., a.k.a. MEDCOR Revenue Services, provides a full range of medical billing services for FQHC and CHC entities on a national basis. We are a CHC-centric RCM company that is unmatched in managed care and we understand the unique and complex issues associated with FQHC/CHC clinics. MEDCOR is a second generation owned medical billing company that was originally founded in 1988. All of our work is performed in the United States.
Our executive team has post graduate degrees in healthcare, finance and public administration and are recognized leaders in the medical community.
Our mission is to provide you the provider with the maximum allowable consistent cash flow you are entitled for services rendered. We are business owners and understand the necessity of cash flow. We do this with state of the art cloud based and or client owned electronic medical records (EMR/EHR) or CCHIT certified medical billing platforms; in addition to highly trained, product specific billing staff with core competencies that are also certified.
MEDCOR is FQHC/CHC centric and a solution driven company, providing medical billing services (RCM) specifically targeting revenue cycle management issues.
Full comprehension of sliding scale, Medical and Dental services with managed care coding /split billing issues inclusive of Code 1, 2, 3, Code 11, 18, 19, 20, and its impact to revenue.
MEDCOR understands the unique difference of FQHC/CHC billing and is able to guide a practice through this convoluted system.
We have extensive expertise to identify billing IT integration problems, provide EMR billing platform setup solutions with corrective actions resulting in proper reimbursement.
EMR: Super User Expertise in AllScripts, NextGen, eClinicalWorks for FQHC, MicroMD, PracticeFusion and Kareo, Advanced MD for standard medical practices.
Note: MEDCOR is not a debt collection company nor in any way associated with any company purporting to provide bad debt collections.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
social distancing, masks provided and sanitation.
Work Location: One location