High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Medical billing: 2 years (Preferred)
Multi-specialty Medical Practice is seeking an experienced Medical Biller for ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
· Daily electronic and manual billing
· Daily manual and electronic posting of payments
· Follow ups on claims, and working denials
· Calls insurance companies to verify insurance eligibility coverage.
· Performs basic mathematical computations.
· Works with insurance denials and follows up on claims status.
· Reviews AR/and makes necessary corrections.
· Assists patients with problems concerning their accounts.
· Scanning, filing, faxing, emailing
· Ensure that fee schedules are updated as needed
· Keep Office Manager updated on any billing issues that require her knowledge and assistance
· Respond to any and all correspondence pertaining to outstanding insurance issues
· Ensure that all charges are appropriate so that the allowed amount corresponds to the charged amount
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
· Medical Billing/Coding Certification
· Two (2) years billing experience in a medical setting
· Have the ability to prioritize, organize, trouble shoot and problem solve
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of medical billing concepts and medical terminology
· Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between procedure and diagnosis compatibility to maximum reimbursement
· Excellent communication skills with patients, physicians, and staff
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
· Ability to work in a relatively unsupervised environment with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to operate various office equipment necessary to perform job functions
· Team player with a pleasant attitude towards the practice of medicine
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
Work Location: One location