Medical Biller/Coder- job post
Irvine, CA 92614
$18 - $21 an hour - Full-time
Salary$18 - $21 an hour
Number of hires for this role
Medical billing: 2 years (Required)
ICD coding: 2 years (Preferred)
CPT coding: 2 years (Preferred)
Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
The Medical Biller/payment poster is an essential part of the team and will assist in determining proper ICD-10 & CPT codes defined by the services rendered, reviewing medical records, and several other essential tasks. You will be responsible for identifying and analyzing account trends and communicating with other departments to resolve issues. This position will require Excel skills.
Full Time: M- F
Dental & Health Insurance are available
Medical Biller/Payment Poster
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Use proper ICD-10 & CPT codes based on services rendered.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- Research payment issues and communicate with other departments to resolve
- Identify possible low payments based on trends and history
- Assist with registering for payment portals or identify possible ERA/EFT options
- Audit work and ensure accuracy of information provided to customers
- Maintain or exceed daily productivity goals and quality standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Biller or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of substance abuse/behavioral health billing/payments
- Moderate to advanced excel skills (required)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time
- Ability to solve problems and utilize common knowledge
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and deadlines
- 40-50 WPM typing skills
- Billing software CollaborateMD (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Medical billing: 2 years (Required)
- ICD coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPT coding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location