$33.2K to $42K per year is Indeed's estimated salary for payment poster at Arrowhead Orthopaedics in Redlands, CA.
Full Job Description
TITLE: Payment Poster
It is our goal to provide the finest Orthopaedic care possible. This philosophy requires that all office staff and providers be sensitive and responsive to patients’ needs and preferences. To ensure that we hire and retain the quality of staff needed for implementing our philosophy of service, we have adopted the following job description for this position.
The position requires that the employee be available forty hours per week, and that also the employee be flexible in his/her schedule to provide efficient service for the group. The employee however, will be expected to work no more than five days per week.
Many of the responsibilities require that you have a working knowledge of computers and the ability to learn the proper use of the programs utilized in this office, or those that which may be necessary to meet the needs of the practice.
The hours, pay scale, and benefits will be defined as agreed upon.
Under the supervision of the Business Office Manager, the Payment Poster shall provide all responsibilities necessary for the successful operation of the Business Office Department for Arrowhead Orthopaedics.
Work is primarily performed in the Business Office Department located in Arrowhead Orthopaedics’ offices. The duties of the Payment Poster are of high volume, and the quality of duties performed is needed to be at a high level. The employee will come into contact on a daily basis with confidential patient and physician files. The Payment Poster must be able to handle this information with the highest degree of privacy, discretion, and professionalism. The Payment Poster is responsible for accomplishing the duties set forth below:
General Clerical Activities (There may be other duties required of this position not listed below):
1. Performs all tasks necessary to make sure systems used is running efficiently effortlessly.
2. Posts Insurance and Patient payments in system.
3. Maintain EDI Bucket and Website and clearing all errors. All errors must be cleared within 24 hours of receipt.
4. Central support for all system-related problems including communications with the clearinghouse, troubleshooting claim problems, and ERA transmittals.
5. Provide assistance in accounts receivable by posting, allocating and reconciling payments including EFT payments.
6. Update and maintain all contracted fee schedules and system database.
7. Enters and updates all contracted insurance fee schedules in the system.
8. Sends monthly statements to patients.
9. Closes the month in the system and prints all reports needed by Administration.
10. Enters data and resolves the cash receipt log with payment posting totals.
11. Inspects billing problems and plans results. Confirms and maintains adjustment records.
12. Perform other responsibilities as may be called on by the Business Office Manager.
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalence.
2. The ability to type 40 words per minute.
3. Proficient in basic arithmetic skills.
4. Skill in operating a computer and scanner, as well as software programs including Outlook.
5. Telephone etiquette and professional communication skills are required.
6. Must be able to work under strict deadlines.
7. Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
Typical Physical Demands:
1.Requires sitting and walking, with daily occasional stooping, reaching, and bending.
2.Occasional lifting up to thirty pounds.
3.Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone and personal communication.
4.Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboards and other office equipment.
The Payment Poster should observe and conduct the following relationships:
1.The employee shall be responsible directly to the Business Office Manager. The employee shall report to the Business Office Manager and his/her assignees any progress, reports, requests, concerns, problems, and/or expectations in relation to the responsibilities of the position. Such communication may be verbal or written as deemed necessary by the employee or as directed by the Business Office Manager or his/her assignee.
2.The employee shall interact with other office and clinical staff in the Practice. Such interactions should be collegial, professional, and contributing to the safety and pleasantness of the work environment at Arrowhead Orthopaedics.
3.The employee may interact with the public. Such communication should always reflect the total commitment of the office to quality care and customer satisfaction. All communication should be professional and any unresolved conflicts are to be reported to the Business Office Manager.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Payment Poster will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor and his/her assignees. Arrowhead Orthopaedics reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
I acknowledge that I have received and read this job description.