Work LocationOrange, California
At CHOC Children’s, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC Children’s can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC Children’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC Children’s can take you.
Job SummaryThe Referral Coordinator will process all inbound referrals from referring physicians, coordinate and assure the smooth flow of the referral and authorization process to meet the needs of patients while establishing collaborative relationships with physicians. Responsible for a variety of clerical duties involving coordination and activities to ensure the efficient referral process for services; interfacing with patients and establishing relationships with referral sources; serves as a resource to the department and shows willingness to cross-train to assist reception front desk staff as required.
• Required: Minimum two (2) years of experience working in medical field.
• Preferred: Minimum one (1) year experience working with referrals/authorizations.
• Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Required: N/A
• Preferred: Medical Administration.
• Required: Knowledge of medical terminology. Proficient with hospital information systems, electronic health systems, electronic/virtual Fax service, and systems related to admitting and registration. Excellent customer services skills and high level of professionalism. Communicate effectively with associates on all levels. Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Strong attention to detail.
• Required: N/A
• Preferred: Basic Life Support (BLS).