High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Insurance verification: 2 years (Preferred)
Medical billing: 2 years (Preferred)
Come be a part of our team!!!
Summary of Job Purpose: The Revenue Cycle Authorization Specialist is responsible for checking and providing financial benefits and approved authorizations for Injections and Surgeries for patients to ensure approved services will be provided and to prevent denials. Interacts with providers, techs, counselors, patients, and insurance companies to ensure appropriate actions are being done to move forward with an approved procedure. Provides excellent customer service and is very knowledgeable with insurance and Co-Pay assistance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures all assigned tasks for authorizations are reviewed, requested, and completed in a timely manner with a response of the Authorization Number and Care Estimators listed in the account notes. Validate CPT and DX codes along with the proper listed procedure provided by the Counselors.
2. Update and Maintain a weekly/monthly log of providers and their up and coming procedure appointments to obtain authorization.
3. Properly fax and/or upload electronic requests ( Notes, Pictures, Forms, etc.) to the appropriate insurance portals.
4. Respond to emails, calls, and tasks within 24-48 hours
5. Authorization requests that require a response ASAP are completed once validated the same day.
6. Coordinates with the Manager of Revenue Cycle Management on improvements with the internal process and changes with the vendors.
7. Handle customer phone calls, address issues as appropriate, and use excellent customer service skills.
8. Completes other duties as assigned by the Manager of Revenue Cycle Management.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Essential Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work independently.
2. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and NextGen EPM and EMR.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,840.00 - $54,080.00 per year
All employees are required to wear a mask inside at all times.
Work Location: One location