Addiction Counselor/ Case Manager- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
First Aid Certification
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Case Manager
Case Manager provides services in the detox and treatment of chemical dependency. The Case Manager will assist with managing the shift within the facility by following all safety guidelines and best practices for the clients. Case Manger may work with clients within a recovery capacity but may not provide therapeutic services. The Case Manager reports to the Operations and Program Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. May be responsible to conduct full intake of new clients including but not limited to a change out, collection of urine drug screen, intake paperwork and full biopsychosocial of clients.
2. Completes appropriate documentation in the charts, including observation logs, uploading of all important documents, and shift notes.
3. facilitate appropriate recovery related groups
4. Adhere to client confidentiality guidelines and maintain a professional relationship with staff, clients, referring/community partners and clients’ families.
5. Case Manager is responsible for checking, monitoring, and recording vitals every 30 minutes on each new client for the first 24 hours of the client’s stay. Vitals are to be monitored at every medication call time for each day after the first day.
7. Case Manager is responsible for observing and recording all daily client medications and is responsible for medication calls as dictated in the medication log.
8. Staff must follow all doctors’ orders as prescribed to the client as written by the doctor’s orders
9. Average vitals are between 120/80 p 60-70. Anything observed outside of these parameters should be documented in client observation log and shift notes (progress notes), and staff should notify their supervisor.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be fluent in understanding, speaking and writing the English language. Shall be licensed, certified, or registered to obtain certification pursuant to the California Code of Regulations, Chapter 8, Section 13035 (f). All Staff must agree to abstain from all illegal drug and alcohol usage during the time of employ. Support Staff must agree to comply with company’s Code of Conduct. Qualified applicants must be free of any non-drug related violent felony convictions.
Candidate must have a minimum of one year in the field of Chemical Dependency and at least one year of sobriety. Applicant must have current CPR/First Aid certification or will complete certification in the first 30 days of employment. Minimum RAD-T
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Hiring 3 candidates for this role