Behavioral Health Technician - Mental Health - Evening Shift- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
First Aid Certification
Driver's License (Required)
Behavioral Health: 2 years (Preferred)
RADT Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
At Resurgence, we’re making a difference in lives of others, and we’re look to bring in team members to do just that. If you’re looking to find a role that truly helps others, and gives opportunity for the growth of our clients and your career… then please check us out!
Title: Behavioral Health Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior while at the program. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for documenting activities of daily living, caring for clients, helping to coordinate treatment and executing daily programing. Behavioral Health Technicians also may assist counselors with crisis management, groups and education, as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completion of all Behavioral Health Technician duties and/or documentation within Resurgence and state mandated timelines.
- Conduct client rounds according to state protocols and document appropriately.
- Responsible for reading communication log at the beginning of shift and completing their own summary and essential tasks contained therein by conclusion of shift.
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to RTX policies on all new admissions (UA, belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts. Overnight staff to document quantity and quality of sleep in progress notes.
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of vital signs and rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Transportation of clients to appointments, meetings etc. Crisis intervention
- Assist, teach and/or supervise clients with general household chores, cleanliness and food preparation; Clean up as required.
- Assist Director of Nursing, Registered Nurse and Clinical team in the provision of services to clients.
- Monitor the needs and behaviors of clients; Interact with clients and their families/significant others as needed and documents such interactions.
- Continue to learn about alcohol and/or drug abuse and alcoholism and the principles of recovery.
- Assist and participate with on-site activities, support groups, outings and community meetings, as assigned.
- Maintain facility cleanliness and upkeep of the program.
- Utilize principles of communicable disease prevention and control.
- Recognize early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance and follow through & report it immediately.
- Assist in the availability of community services and resources.
- Recognize individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and documents when needed in communication log and/or an Incident Report.
- Understand the principles of nutrition, food preparation and storage, and menu planning and assist in such areas.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Follows HIPAA Regulations.
- Participates in development of Quality Improvement projects.
- Be awake during all shifts. Sleeping is not allowed at any time.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training.
- Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications,
- office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Possess strong work ethic and high standards of workmanship.
- Possess an introductory understanding of chemical dependency
- Possess an introductory understanding of the 12-step process
- Possess active listening skills in the ongoing development and education of residential treatment services.
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA compliance and privacy measures
Abilities: To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Resurgence with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards of Resurgence.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development of staff, co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Resurgence Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES: The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
1. At least One year of sobriety if in recovery.
2. Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
3. Two to three years’ experience in human services settings preferred.
4. Associates degree preferred.
5. Valid Driver’s License.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
7. Current CPR & First Aid certification preferred.
8. Able to pass a Live Scan background check.
Resurgence California, LLC and/or Advanced Recovery Solutions, and/or Balboa Horizons, and/or The Well Recovery Partners and/or A New Start Treatment DBA Muse Treatment is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- What is your preferred shift?
- Are you able to pass a Live Scan Background check?
- When are you available to start this position?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Behavioral Health: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- RADT Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location