Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Job Title: Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Program Manager & Clinical Program Director
The mission of INFINITI GROUP is to offer the highest quality and professional, Inpatient Detoxification, Residential Treatment, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and Outpatient services.
We are committed to treating patients and their families with the highest regard and respect, as patients work toward reaching their highest growth potential in their recovery process. This is accomplished through the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards of care and policies and procedures set forth by the California Department of Health Care Services and The Joint Commission (TJC).
The Case Manager at INFINITI GROUP LLC is responsible for providing direct services and supportive contacts to the client and/or their families, and developing resources within the community, which are supportive to the recovery of the client. He/she also functions as an advocate for the client, seeing that appropriate services are provided and assists the client in receiving these services as appropriate.
AGE/PATIENT POPULATION(S) SERVED\\
Age of Client Population Served: Adult, 18 years old and older.
Population Served: Persons meeting DSM-V criteria for substance use disorders with or without co-occurring psychiatric illness.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
1) Adheres to all of INFINITI GROUP LLC'S Policies and Procedures.
2) Conducts self in a manner that represents INFINITI GROUP LLC'S values at all time.
3) Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts.
4) Communicates regularly with supervisor about departmental and INFINITI GROUP LLC'S concerns.
5) Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position.
6) Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1) Provide direct clinical services (i.e. psycho-social assessment, consultation, individual/group/family counseling, professional in-service training, community education services, etc.) at a rate that achieves or exceeds the INFINITI GROUP LLC'S minimum direct service standard as established annually.
2) Open and maintain case records as established by INFINITI GROUP LLC'S policy and procedures.
3) Work cooperatively with other community resources and referral sources to coordinate services to clients.
4) Assisting in the assessment of area needs for mental health, substance abuse, and program services.
5) Go out into the community working with clients as well as in the agency office.
6) Good writing skills which enable one to accurately chart client progress and interaction during contact.
7) Communicate clearly and assertively with clients and staff.
8) Lecture in a large and/or small group setting.
9) Participates in INFINITI GROUP LLC'S 24-hour Emergency Services, which includes availability for back-up rotation coverage for after hours, weekends, or holiday emergencies.
10) Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of care.
11) Promotes individual professional growth/development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education/skills competency; supports department goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
12) Will require some travel to other locations for individual or group sessions as deemed appropriate.
13) Carry out other responsibilities as delegated.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (ADULT, 18 years old and older)
1) Allows patient to maintain control; involves patient in decision-making and planning of care, as appropriate to condition and situation.
2) Encourages participation in care.
3) Demonstrates clinical knowledge of expected adult vital signs.
4) Recognizes abuse/neglect potential.
5) Encourages family support.
6) Recognizes/respects concerns over interruption of work/plans/separation from family, etc.
7) Recognizes fears regarding potential life style changes.
8) Encourages verbalization of fears and anxiety; maintains age-appropriate communication.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
1) Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (i.e. CADC I, CADC II, CADC-CS, LAADC) preferred or RADT II will be accepted.
2) Should be experienced as a Case Manager, preferably in the field of chemical dependency and/or behavioral health.
3) Current Basic Adult CPR/First Aid certification.
4) Current TB clearance.
5) To transport patients: Must possess a valid, Class C California driver's license and have a clear driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of industry standards as related to the position of Case Management.
2) Basic knowledge of PC software programs, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and G-Suite (i.e. Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.) is preferred.
3) Accurately and punctually enters clinical documentation using electronic medical records (EMR) software.
4) Written and oral communication skills; must be able to concentrate on work amid distractions such as noise, conversations, and foot traffic.
5) Must maintain self-control in volatile and hostile situations such as when verbally or physically confronted in an aggressive manner.
6) Must be able to work independently with little supervision in an unstructured environment with multiple demands.
7) Must posses a reading and writing level that provides for clear expression and/or understanding of assignments related to job description.
8) Ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions frequent contact with water (hand washing and cleaning) and working with body fluid and hazardous chemicals. When under these working conditions, OSHA standards and universal precautions must be followed at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal to high volumes of stress.
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location