Certified Case Manager- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
Certified Case Manager
First Aid Certification
Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Must be Certified (not registered) in Substance Use Disorder with one of the accreditation agencies. Under supervision of a Behavioral Health Supervisor, Program Manager and working with Case Managers, the Clinical Case Manager will perform a range of Behavioral Health interventions. This includes but not limited to assessment, treatment planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the participant’s health and human services needed. Perform individual and group therapy, coordination of care with interdisciplinary team and other staff, and referral resource linkage.
1. Continually monitors and evaluates each participant’s progression through their case management plan, and develops corrective action revisions to the plan as needed
2. Assists and/or conducts individual/group sessions as part of the program
3. Provides ongoing support and case management expertise to the participants
4. Attend and bring to the Team issues/concerns/acknowledgement of progress of participants to be completed, continued or discharge for termination.
5. Ensures all participants case management plans address identified needs and are up-to-date
6. Maintains accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County, and local guidelines
7. Monitors and charts on the residents and sets treatment goals
8. Coordinates residents with the necessary program functions
9. Assist or advise in the Screening of applicants for enrollment into the program, as to their eligibility and whether or not we are the appropriate treatment model/program for him or her.
10. Ensures that every participant is assessed for any mental, psychological or emotional concerns and needs after intake.
11. Establishes a positive relation with San Bernardino County Department of Child and Family Services, Partnership for Health Babies, Probation in all county areas and the State Parole agents throughout the county
12. Works closely with Dependency Drug Court (in connection with CFS); Adult Drug Court; the Offender Treatment Program (JAG-OTP) and MHS- Sasca placements directly from prison and the CalWORKS program with our Outreach Coordinator
13. Performs rounds of the facility
14. Adheres to strict boundaries and professional ethics in the care of others.
15. Assist with the referral process if additional care is needed.
Additional Responsibilities & Duties
1. Supports the values and mission of St. John of God Health Care Services, and practices the core values while interacting with the public we serve.
2. Responsible for transporting the residents if necessary.
3. Attends staff meetings and treatment team meetings.
4. Maintains all written documentation on the residents as required by the State and County.
5. Responsible for the overall security of the residents and the facility, and reports any unsafe conditions.
6. Knows and complies with all St. John of God Health Care Services policies and procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Follows organizational and departmental procedures.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
1. Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with frequent interruptions.
2. Ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist.
3. Lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 20lbs.
4. Operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard.
5. Must follow all safety measures and procedures.
6. Must follow the dress code policy.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Alcohol and Drug Counseling Certification from Accrediting Agency recognized by State of California, DHCS within 6 months of employment.
3. Additional recovery education highly recommended.
4. Minimum 1 Year experience in an office setting, administrative/office duties.
5. Proficient in Computer programs, primarily Word and Excel
6. CPR and Basic First Aid Certification required
7. Excellent English oral and writing communication skills
8. Good people skills and pleasant personality
9. Good telephone skills
10. Obtained or in the process of obtaining Masters in Social Work or Marriage Family Therapist with a minimium of 2 years of schooling in that field.
1. Must pass a DOJ clearence
2. Must demonstrate a working knowledge of the 12 Step Principles
3. Experienced in developing ITP’s
4. Completed training and knowledge of all requirements of HIPPA, Title 22 and 42 CFR
5. Familiar with or experienced in DAP or SOAP Charting
6. Knowledgeable in Crisis Intervention
7. Ability to participate in team approach for recovery
8. Knows and complies with the Title 9 and other state and federal regulations, as they pertain to this position, department and program
9. Must keep all required certificates and/or licenses current
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating shift
- Weekend availability
Required to wear a mask, must have COVID-19 vaccination, or test negative COVID weekly.
- Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location