Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor- job post
Full Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity to bring on board a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor to assist clients addicted to alcohol or drugs in finding their motivation to change through evidence based practice and a care team approach.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Provide direct substance abuse to patients with opioid and other substance abuse disorders including patients receiving medicated assisted treatment.
- Provide prevention services for patients who have a lower scoring on the alcohol and drug screen but are at risk of developing a substance abuse disorder.
- Utilize evidenced base treatment strategies such as: SBIRT (Screening, Brief Interventions, and Referral to Treatment), Motivational Enhancement treatment (MET) and Cognitive Behavioral Treatment approaches (CBT) to decrease substance abuse.
- Provide up to three SBIRT interventions within the year to patients identified as being at risk of developing a drug use disorder via the CAGE screen.
- Review CAGE screen score with patients and provide SBIRT interventions on the same day of the patients primary care visit.
- Facilitate weekly support groups
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have a current valid Drug and Alcohol Certificate issued by the California Consortium of Addictions Programs and Professionals and or the California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators.
- One year work experience in a drug and alcohol work setting preferred
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and bi-cultural.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
East Valley offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, and defined contribution retirement plan. We match the first 6% of employee’s contribution with immediate 100% vesting! You will also enjoy work-life balance with paid time off and paid holidays throughout the year.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.