Certified or Registered AOD Counselor- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Alcohol and Drug Counselor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Program Coordinator
POSITIONS MANAGED: None
SALARY RANGE $17-26 per hour
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Alcohol and Drug Counselor will perform duties and responsibilities outlined below, as well as other duties as assigned. Must be familiar with the organization, stay abreast of changing situations to identify problems, gather data, develop and assess alternative courses of actions. Works closely with individual and group participants in the VARP Rehabilitation Programs.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
· Will be responsible for conducting Living in Balance groups, Clinical Intervention, and discharge planning.
· Will be responsible for overseeing self-administered medication of consumers and documenting all medications appropriately.
· Must have knowledge of the ASAM criteria.
· Will be responsible for BPS assessment and development of initial treatment plans as well as updates of the treatment plan during recovery process.
· Will be responsible for documenting progress, individual, and weekly notes in client files
· Will be responsible for community resource development and referral services.
· Will have case management knowledge.
· Will be responsible for keeping up to date UA documentation.
· Must have knowledge and have the ability to utilize the 12 core functions to AOD counseling.
· Must maintain updated and current certifications and/or registrations from DHCS approved registration/certification organizations such as CCAPP or CADTP.
· Will assist the Program Coordinator in the day to day activities as needed and as required.
· Any other tasks assigned by any supervisor.
· Must maintain a working knowledge of all state and county regulations.
· Must have the ability to multi-task, often changing assignments on short notice. Must accomplish assigned tasks thoroughly with concern for all aspects no matter how minor the detail.
· Must be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others.
· Must possess ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; including professional Telephone Etiquette and when talking with individuals and group, as well as clear, concise and professional written communication.
· Must possess Interpersonal Skills; working well as a team with colleagues and clients to achieve goals and assignments with tact and professionalism.
· Must have a valid California Driver’s License or the ability to acquire one.
· Must have an understanding of the nature of substance abuse and its respective treatment and recovery.
· Must be free of alcohol and/or other drugs on a daily basis.
- If a recovering alcoholic or drug abuser, a reasonable amount of current sobriety will be required. Determination to be made by the Executive Director.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Must have current/up to date Counselor Certification. Must be enrolled in a certified drug and alcohol education program for Continued Education Units while employed with VARP, Inc. Preferred work experience in the field of Alcohol and Drug Recovery.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have reasonable mental and physical ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties, responsibilities and qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds of paper and/or office supplies. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Yes, policies and procedures can be requested.
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- AOD Certification or Registration (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations