Counselor- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Counseling Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We offer competitive salary, full benefits package, Paid Time Off, and opportunities for professional growth.
Aegis / Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a growing leader in addiction treatment services. We provide care across the nation touching the lives of more than 30,000 patients daily.
Our mission is to remove all barriers to recovery and transform individuals, families, and communities with treatment that works.
Our employees believe we are creating a better world where lives and communities are made whole again through comprehensive treatment.
As a Counselor, you will play a direct role in the treatment plan and execution for your patients daily. You will assist in diagnosing, planning, and giving referrals to your patients during their treatment at our facilities.
- Associates or better in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services or related field.
- A certificate in alcohol and/or drug studies from an approved counselor certifying organization is required or an AA (Associate in Arts), BA (Bachelor of Arts) degree in Behavioral Sciences, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or related field is required at hire when an applicant has not yet earned a certificate
- Registered MFT, ASW and PsyD interns, and licensed MFT, LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) and PsyDs are exempt from the above requirement.
- COVID –19 Vaccination / approved exemption status
- Provide professional individual and case management services to patients
- Complete initial needs assessment and individualized treatment plans to effectively help patients to improve the quality of their lives
- Maintain patient charts and document all counseling services according to local, state, and federal regulations
- Follow supervision of Clinic Management
- Facilitate group therapy sessions to ensure participation from each patient
- Refer patients to outside community supportive services when necessary
- Conduct intakes, discharge planning, initial needs assessments, and treatment plans in a professional manner
- The ability to develop comprehensive treatment plans and chart accurately
- Substance abuse counseling experience and an advanced degree are preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Consistent and accurate documentation and tracking of a patients’ progress and upcoming appointments.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- 18 days PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 401k with company match
- Company sponsored ongoing training and certification opportunities.
- Full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and accident insurance.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program (STAR LRP)
Join our team. Join our mission.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Redlands, CA 92373: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- If you have a desired wage, please list below. Thank you.
- Please provide your direct email address, so we may contact you.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Counseling Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location