Detox Technician- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
High school diploma or GED
Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Detox Recovery Support Staff (Full-time) ( Santa Ana, CA)
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Recovery Support Staff is responsible for providing supervision to patients and facilitates deliverable services while ensuring execution of program policies and procedures as well as staff and patient safety measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides patient supervision in a safe, therapeutic setting.
- Utilizes and promotes the appropriate treatment model with all patients. Conducting appropriate interventions and providing support.
- Observing and documenting relevant patient information and behaviors. Ensuring communication lines between all departments (clinical, medical, culinary, administrative, etc)
- Ensures that patients adhere to the day-to-day program schedule while providing scheduled group services to patients.
- Maintains accurate documentation in electronic healthcare record, staff log, charts, medication log, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner.
- Supervises patients in the self-administration of medication and documents appropriately ? complete medication inventories under the supervision of the nursing department.
- Provides safe, timely, and supervised the transportation of patients to off-site appointments or activities
- Conducts and documents patient checks and counts.
- Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security. Including patient and property searches
- Conducts and documents urine testing
- Attends all required staff training sessions in accordance with Phoenix House and state licensing requirements, completes all training on time
- Attends and participates in program and all staff meetings
- Adheres to and promotes the Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values while acting as a role model for others
- Assumes lead duties for shift(s) as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent in this position has no supervisory responsibilities
- The RSS 1 shall possess a
- High school diploma or its equivalent; and be registered as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). or
- The RSS II shall possess a
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent; and be Certified as an Alcohol and Drug (AOD) Counselor recognized by The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- Preferred six months prior experience in a related field.
- Must maintain a valid California Drivers' License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to Phoenix House Mission, Vision, and Values: I CARE For? Integrity, Collaboration Appreciation, Respect, Excellence, and Forward-Thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office systems
- Ability to utilize an electronic healthcare record
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with patients
- Ability to model positive behavior and demeanor
- Understanding of addiction, co-occurring models, and treatment modalities
- Understanding of patient development and family systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible; problem solver, self-directed; customer service-oriented, and collaborative
- Skills and ability to engage and develop a rapport with patients and families of various backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job location: Santa Ana, CA
Job number: 325
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
PHCA is a health care provider committed to keeping our clients, staff and community safe. In keeping with our commitment to safety, PHCA requires staff (paid and unpaid) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination to HR.
- Have you applied to PHCA previously?
- Have you worked for PHCA before? If so, please provide dates of employment.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location