Overview: The Drug and Alcohol Counselor will advocate for, and advise clients within their assigned caseload. They will develop, monitor, and implement individualized treatment plans in collaboration with client and clinical team members. A strong counselor will possess characteristics such as highly developed interpersonal communication skills, empathy and compassion, ability to take on multiple tasks, and maintain a professional relationship with client and family members.
Accountability: The Drug and Alcohol Counselor will report to the Clinical Director/Therapist. Also maintains open communication lines with facility staff, attending clinicians and physicians, clients and families.
· Create and monitor individual treatment plans for clients
· Conduct individual, group, family and substance use disorder therapy as needed
· Be familiar with community resources
· Have an understanding of 12-Step programs
· Maintain current and accurate documentation/ records/ files in accordance with facility policies
· Facilitate crisis and therapeutic interventions
· Participate in staff and clinical team meetings
· Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
· Adhere to policies and procedures
Preferred Qualifications: Two years in the substance abuse field. Must also be able to navigate through basic office setting, must be familiar with variety of office hardware (copy machine, computer, fax machine, etc.) and software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases). Should have valid California State driver’s license.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, CAADAC or similar certification from qualifying agency or registered or certified counselor. CPR and First Aid Certification required.
Physical Requirements: Will be required to sit for extended periods with intermittent standing and walking. May be required to ascend or descend stairs.
*We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and intermittent randomized substance abuse testing.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, race, disability, national origin, creed ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or sex.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations