Drug and Alcohol Counselor RADT - Overnight Shift #386- job post
Education & Certificates
High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Telecare's mission is to deliver excellent and effective behavioral health services that engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams. Telecare has over 170 programs and 4,500 employees across the country.
Telecare is thrilled to have been selected to provide four different substance use treatment services (SUTS) programs — out of six total — on the brand new, innovative Be Well OC Orange Campus at 265 S. Anita Drive in Orange, CA. The goal of these programs is to address our community members’ SUTS needs, while supporting a seamless transition along a full continuum of care and relieving pressure on local emergency departments and law enforcement. No single entity can solve the ongoing challenges of mental health and substance use disorders alone. However, by partnering with multiple local healthcare entities and organizations, Orange County has created The Be Well campus, which pulls together multiple levels of care in one location, under one license, in an intentionally coordinated system. The beautiful location and peaceful space support a respectful, healing environment. People are able to move into different levels of care as needed to provide a smooth and supportive recovery experience. The campus will serve people who have commercial insurance as well as those who have Medi-Cal, to provide services to our entire community under one roof. Volunteer and community groups are also welcome on the campus.
MONDAY - FRIDAY or SATURDAY - SUNDAY
Overnight / Graveyard 11:00 PM –7:30 AM, comes with an 8% Shift Differential - our biggest need!
Per Diem / On Call
What We Provide!
- Free Supervision Hours toward your independent SUD Certification and License
- Coaching and mentorship
- Career growth potential and learning opportunities
- If you want to learn the competencies and nuances of public mental health, we are ready to teach you!
What are the qualifications? (Must Have)
- Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician RADT Certification Required
- High school diploma or GED. (Associate or Bachelors' degree preferred)
- Must have one (1) year of experience working in a recovery setting or mental health setting
- Knowledge of the needs of individuals diagnosed with co-occurring disorders and substance abuse
- Must have CA Driver's License that is valid and current
- Maintain active status of certification and continuing education as required by licensing board
- Within the first (2) months of employment, the ability to learn basic billing requirements and codes
- Focus and passion for providing excellent customer service
What will the job entail?
- Conducts admissions, intakes, and discharge planning in support of client flow
- Provides specialized services and interventions related to substance use/addictive disorders, including thematic groups, evidence-based practices, and collaboration with external agencies and resources
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Helps create a recovery environment through interactions with staff and members served
- Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
- Responds to emergency/crises
- Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
- Assists with outings for members done by driving Program van and own vehicle
What is your Total Rewards Compensation?
- Starting rate is $17.00; hourly rate will be based on your years of relevant experience
- Low-cost health insurance options: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Paid time off pool starting at 16.7 days (over 3 business weeks) in your first year
- Eight paid holidays per year
- Two retirement plans: 401K & Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Online University Tuition Discount
- Enjoy other benefits, including career growth, learning opportunities, and recognition.
- Some benefits may vary based on the location and full-time or part-time employees.
All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD. Test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, a valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance are required at the time of employment and throughout your job. Be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on hire date or within 60 days of work and maintain current certification throughout the job.
We are building a multidisciplinary, multiethnic, multi-generational, and multicultural team.
When you work at Telecare, you help empower thousands of individuals every day in their recovery journeys. We are looking for compassionate, hardworking, focused, organized mental health workers to serve our clients with severe and persistent mental illness. Apply today: Click HERE
Keywords: RADT, AOD, SUD, substance abuse, substance use, drug and alcohol counselor, drug treatment, recovery
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Program Information: Be Well #385, #386, #387, #388
- GED or better
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Drivers License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)