Drug and Alcohol Counselor/Case Manager- Placentia- job post
Individual / group counseling
Full Job Description
Alternative Options Counseling Center has been serving the community for over 25 years. We are a family owned, nationally CARF accredited program which excels at providing quality client care. We provide IOP and PHP services for adults and adolescents struggling with mental health disorders, eating disorders, and substance use disorders.
Alternative Options Counseling Center is seeking a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADC-I, CADC-II) or registered (RAD)counselor for the Placentia Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs. These are full-time positions providing case management and drug and alcohol counseling services.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
- Current certification/registration as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor.
- Experience working with dual diagnosis and/or addiction.
- Experience in group therapy modality.
- Ability to pass a DOJ background check
Specific Job Duties include:
- Providing biopsychosocial assessments
- Chart management
- Completing treatment plans
- Completing discharge planning and/or referrals to alternate providers
- Conducting drug screenings
- Providing individual and group counseling to adults and adolescents admitted into Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programming.
- Participating in treatment team and staff meetings.
- Providing feedback and consultation to treatment team members regarding patient presentation and progress
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to establish healthy boundaries with clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with various mental health diagnosis
- Ability to offer compassionate client centered care
- Teamplayer mentality'
'Benefit Conditions: * Only full-time employees eligibleWork Remotely
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
We are taking temperatures at arrival of clients/staff; masks onsite are mandatory; 6 foot distancing maintained onsite and in groups; hand sanitizer available throughout the site; increased daily sanitization of rooms and surfaces.
- Drug and Alcohol Certification? (Preferred)
Work Location: One location