Intake Coordinator- job post
Experience & Skills
Full Job Description
Philanthropists Gary and Mary West founded West Health with the mission of enabling seniors to successfully age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life, and independence.
The Gary and Mary West PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), affiliated with West Health (www.westhealth.org), is a new non-profit that delivers medical, social, and behavioral services to the frail elderly to the North County of San Diego. This PACE center will be entrepreneurial in nature and will focus on innovations and bringing new processes to the traditional PACE environment.
We're looking for passionate healthcare providers who want to be part of a team dedicated to enable seniors to live in their communities as independently as possible by providing compassionate, comprehensive health and supportive care.
Why Work for Gary and Mary West PACE?
We offer a generous benefits program focused on your health and wellness.
You will be working in a state-of-the-art center designed to be a warm, inviting, artistic, and peaceful environment.
Engage in a distinct company culture built on mutual respect, transparency, and innovation.
Work with passionate healthcare providers committed to making a difference while serving the senior community.
Be part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team where your input is valued.
Come do your best work where your contribution matters!
Under the direction of the Community Outreach Manager, this individual is responsible for the participant intake process including home and center visits, data gathering for Intake and Assessment process, and enrollment meeting. Provides appropriate community referrals for persons not qualifying for the Gary and Mary West PACE program. Assists participants and families in the application process for Medicaid. Educates potential referral sources regarding Gary and Mary West PACE's services and maintains contact with existing referral sources. Maintains monthly log of marketing contacts and intake statistics. Promotes professional working relationships with both internal and external customers. Adheres to and supports all organizational policies and procedures and standards.
- Coordinates intake process with participants and participants' family/caregiver, referral source and GMWP team, including scheduling visit days to ADHC, preparing narrative and introducing visitor and/or participant to team at morning meeting.
- Maintains consistent and close contact with referral sources.
- Maintains referral tracking systems, marketing contact sheets and intake summary log.
- Assists department director in marketing/outreach efforts in the development of the annual marketing plan, GMWP newsletter and any other outreach materials.
- Performs as a representative of GMWP by participating in community committees when appropriate.
- Evaluates and updates the intake process.
- Provides initial telephone intake screening for potential participants, conducts tours of the ADHC, and makes home visits to participants and families as part of intake process.
- Assists program applicants with appropriate paperwork to help them qualify for the program.
- Provides referral services for persons not appropriate for the program.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or requested in a positive and helpful manner to ensure a smooth-running work area.
Education and Certification
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in health or human services, preferred
Skills & Experience
- Two years of health care experience working with frail and/or chronically ill elderly population.
- Knowledge of intake practices and geriatric assessment skills.
- Knowledge of community resources available to seniors and their families.
- Experience in providing case management services, including motivational and/or clinical interviewing skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and criminal background check.
- Must have a current California Driver's License and driving record must be in compliance with Company policy. Must maintain current automobile insurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, vendors, medical staff, and the public.
All employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Gary and Mary West PACE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws.