Part Time Case Manager/Substance Abuse Counselor- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
First Aid Certification
Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are currently seeking a hard working, driven, dedicated counselor/case manager. We are a male and female detox/short term residential stabilization program. Case Managers are responsible for coordinating and providing case management, group discussions, biopsychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and utilization review services to patients as well as group and counseling for patients within the facility.
Part Time with Weekend Availability
Essential Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Uphold and enforce company standards, policies and procedures, client rights, and professional code of ethics and conduct.
- Ability to utilize agency comprehensive assessment tools in EMR system (Biopsychosocial, Initial Treatment Plan, Discharge Planning upon admission).
- Identify and prioritize individual needs and problems of the patient.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive clinical summaries.
- Develop person-centered care plans, including prioritized problem lists, SNAP, client-reported goals, measurable and achievable objectives, and interventions.
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions utilizing Evidence Based Practices.
- Document client progress toward treatment plan goals and objectives in progress notes.
- Develop solid discharge plans and summaries for assigned caseload.
- Prepare clinical documentation accurately and within agency time frames.
- Intervene during crisis intervention situations.
- Cooperate with health insurance clinical utilization reviews. Provide daily Progress Notes and detailed clinical notes to assist with utilization reviews.
- Participate in weekly Clinical Treatment team meetings with other team members as needed.
- Participate in the agency’s Orientation training, staff meetings, and in-service training.
- Provide accurate assessment and referral when appropriate. Provide information to Probation, Officers, Lawyers and Spouses/Family Members on the client’s behalf.
- Provide appropriate treatment interventions relative to the specific needs of each client.
- Provide for discharge planning, contacting referring agency as needed.
- Adhere to code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, professional standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and procedures, and exercise professionalism at all times.
- Exercise awareness in cultural competency, client satisfaction, quality of services, client needs, and overall health and safety of staff and clients.
- Previous detox and/or residential experienced is highly preferred
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling Credential: CADC-1 and/or CATC required
- Experience writing utilization reviews is required
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Computer skills (KIPU experience preferred)
- CPR/First Aid
- Valid California driver's license
- If in recovery, must have one year clean/sober
*JOB DUTIES LISTED ABOVE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES REQUIRED. OTHER DUTIES WILL BE ASSIGNED ACCORDING TO PROGRAMMATIC NEEDS*
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Addiction Medicine
- Weekend availability
- Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Addiction Treatment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drug or Alcohol Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location