· Provides group substance abuse counseling.
· Provides substance abuse education to youth at risk for using substances.
· Provides individual substance abuse counseling to children and youth ages 5-18 across all mental health programs.
· Educates staff about substance abuse. Assists them in identifying signs and behaviors of a person abusing substance.
· Counsels caregivers to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients with substance abuse issues.
· High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
· Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor
· Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location