Substance Abuse Counselor- job post
Experience & Skills
Addiction counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Provide formerly incarcerated youth ages 14 - 26 with weekly evidence-based and evidence-informed prevention services including substance abuse education classes and individualized/group counseling Provide weekly substance use disorder education classes. Provide weekly support groups and peer-to-peer counseling. Overseeing the entire project documentation and reporting requirements
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Assist in developing, modifying and implementing substance abuse programs and new procedures based in a Harm Reduction philosophy and approach.
· Participate in management meetings to resolve issues in access to, and deliver of, services and operations.
· Conduct street and community-based outreach as part of prevention/intervention efforts
· Collect and maintain program data to prepare and submit required reports.
· Coordinate programs with other directors and outside service groups.
· Ensure implementation and accomplishment of grant-stated program goals and objectives.
· Interpret and apply all applicable regulations, policies and procedures in grant package.
· Develop and implement training and treatment programs based in a Harm Reduction philosophy and approach.
· Knowledge of Basic Counseling Strategies, Group Facilitation, Group Lesson Planning, Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction.
· Two years of work experience as a Substance Abuse counselor with youth and/or young adults.
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Possession of a current certificate as an Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor issued by a certifying agency approved by the state of California. Certification must be maintained as defined by the department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, California Code of Regulations. OR possession of a license to practice medicine issued by the Medical Board of California or Psychologist licensed by the Board of Psychology or Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or an intern registered with the Board of Psychology or the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
· Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
· Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record and be willing to travel between offices and units during workday.
· Have received at least first dose of COVID-19 vaccination at time of employment.
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are fully vaccinated or at least have the first dose of the Covid19 vaccine?
- D you have a valid Driver License?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Addiction counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location