Substance Abuse Counselor- job post
Resume insightsHere’s how your resume aligns with the job description
Experience & Skills
Cognitive behavioral therapy
Education & Certificates
High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Facility: LONG BEACH
Compensation Base: 26.25
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
- This position develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents who are mandated to complete substance abuse treatment plans. Accordingly, this position assesses and identifies issues for each resident, creates clear objectives and goals and tracks and documents progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external standards and policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements the Company’s therapeutic community treatment model.
- Prepares and submits all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials.
- Maintains records and clinical charts as required by Company and client’s contractual requirements.
- Provides education on substance abuse, assesses life skills and integrates results into resident client treatment plan.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities.
- Prepares schedules, reports, or other information required for the program.
- Assesses client aftercare needs, issues and services.
- Provides counseling to clients' family or significant others.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned client caseload.
- Participates in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises client interactions.
- Provides individual and group therapy and counseling. Meets with assigned clients as necessary.
- Maintains and updates resident client records and documents program in charts.
- Performs ASI Assessments or any other required assessment instruments/pre & post testing.
- Assists staff in monitoring behavior of difficult clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or its equivalent.
Certified as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor with a certification recognized by the CA Department of HealthCare Services and
Minimum of one (1) year experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy services to an offender population