ubstance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor- job post
Experience & Skills
Education & Certificates
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Addiction counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Roots Through Recovery is a trauma-focused outpatient treatment center for adults and adolescents in Long Beach, CA. We provide all outpatient levels of aftercare (PHP, IOP & OP) to support people in rediscovering a life of purpose and passion. We have been serving the Long Beach community since 2016.
We are seeking a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor to join our growing team!
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor provides counseling and case management services to clients needing SUD treatment, including screening, assessment, referrals to treatment, group counseling and individual counseling sessions as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct individual counseling and case management sessions.
- Conduct screenings, assessments and referrals.
- Review treatment plan and support client in meeting treatment plan goals.
- Conduct group counseling sessions.
- Conduct client psychoeducation sessions.
- Provide referrals to community resources.
- Maintain accurate, complete, timely and legible program records.
- Collaborate with treatment team to provide coordinated care in line with individual treatment plan.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year of professional experience providing direct, indirect, or support services for alcohol and drug programs dealing with individual recovery or alcohol and drug problem reduction.
- Certification in substance abuse treatment, or working toward certification (CADC, CAADAC, CASS, etc.).
- Experience with clients with co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse, required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
All clients and staff wear masks. Testing is conducted twice a week. All staff have vaccines available to them via the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services, and are vaccinated unless a medical condition precludes them from vaccination.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Addiction counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Preferred)
Work Location: One location